Beautiful Escapes from Agra!
Agra in itself is a very beautiful city that has majestic and magnificent monuments holding one of the Seven Wonders of the World and the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Apart from the ancient and cultural monuments, Agra is famous for its best souvenirs from the local markets, handicraft products, Mughal food, and the sweet dish called “Petha”. Delhi to Agra 2 days tour package is an excellent package as it is considered to be one of the weekend getaways for the vacations yet consists of several beautiful places around perfect for your next trip.
Some of these are:
- Fatehpur Sikri: Being closest to Agra – 37 km, it is one of the most preferred locations for the people who are astounded by the ancient history of the place and its architecture. Fatehpur Sikri in itself reveals the uniqueness of the Mughal culture, beliefs & architecture – fully built-in red sandstone enhancing the beauty of the combination of both Islamic and Hindu styles of architecture and design. Also looking to this as per an artist’s perspective, the predominantly used material – red sandstone blends with the sky during both the sunrise & the sunset, making it an awestruck view for the visitors as well as an inspiration for his canvas.
- Mathura – Lord Krishna’s birthplace: Apart from the Golden Triangle tour packages, if you are looking to visit a religious place, Mathura happens to be in the vicinity of Agra, one of the renowned destinations situated over the banks of Yamuna River and largely reflecting its beautification without losing its peaceful sojourn. Celebrating the life of Lord Krishna, Mathura resides in many temples also holding historical relevance in its various forms for Hindus.
- Vrindavan: Vrindavan is not different in the significance that Mathura holds, yet another holiest city close to Mathura. Adding to its essence is the temples of Radha-Krishna, the holistic chants, and the purest forms of vibes allowing this place for an ideal escape from Agra.
- Bharatpur: Bharatpur is another beautiful getaway from Agra; it is a small city in Rajasthan which is popular for the world-famous Keoladeo Ghana National Park (Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary). This place has been declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in the year 1985. It is home to more than 370 species of birds and reptiles including fish, snakes, turtles, and many more. Bharatpur likewise has places like Lohagarh Fort and Ganga Maharani Temple, which are an ideal mix of Mughal and Rajput design.
- Sariska, Alwar: After a day trip to the Taj Mahal from Delhi, another popular location for an escape from the mundane work routine of people in search of tranquillity amidst nature is the Sariska Tiger reserves of Alwar in Rajasthan. Many different wildlife species from Tigers to various birds to the famous Bengal Tiger to the other species of reptiles, together into a diversified topographical landscape, forests, etc all surrounded by the Aravali mountains hence enhancing the beauty of the largest national park.